So today I was moping around with my kids. Pouting you could say. Because being a mother is hard. And so…I wanted to pout.
I still have to feed the tribe though.
So I decided to make a ‘stuff’ meal. Except I did ask my son to stop and get apples on the way home from his guitar lesson. Thank goodness for driving teenagers. For some reason even getting the babies in their car seats was too much work for me today.
So a stir fry of ‘stuff’ we ate. And I gotta say, it was pretty dang good. I had two servings. One too many, but, well I will probably work it off tomorrow. Probably. If I am not pouting.
Apples ready to bake.
I chopped the apples into small pieces and asked my ten-year old to sprinkle brown sugar on them. She didn’t want to. Go figure.
Before I chopped them, though, I used a special spray mix my mother-in-law told me about. My brother used to work at a grocery store, and I remember him telling me that if I knew how the vegetables and fruits really were, I’d scrub them down TWICE and then eat them….maybe. And now, after watching Food Inc (Lord, have you seen this movie?), I don’t want to eat anything from anyone else. I am still processing what this movie may mean for my family…for myself. My family is worried we will become vegetarian hippies. Not a bad idea. Yikes..I digress…so my mother-in-law saw on Dr. Oz to have a spray bottle with vinegar and water handy. So I do. And hopefully have killed anything I need to kill with it.
Keep it right by the sink 🙂
Then I got the rice going and the oven started. Plopped the apples in the oven, changed a diaper and put a baby down for a late nap and started on the turkey and purple onions.
Onions with fresh garlic and olive oil-yum!
Once done mix it all together and throw in some Liquid Amino’s. It is missing some color though, so next time I will throw in a red bell pepper and green squash in the olive oil garlic mix.
YUMMMMMMY stir fry
I did add some fresh tomatoes from my garden as extra veggies with a tad of sea salt. Like I said…had too much tonight, but that is ok…once in a while.
Goes wonderful with a Chardonnay. But before I finish this glass, I need to change another diaper.
Apple & Turkey Stir Fry
- Jennie O Sweet Italian turkey (cut into small circles)
- 2 large Grannie Apples (cut into small pieces)
- 2 table spoons brown sugar
- Half a large purple onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped or minced
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (should have added) chopped
- 1 green zucchini squash (should have added) chopped
- Liquid aminos
- Long grain natural rice
- Earth Balance butter (for rice; optional)
- Make rice according to directions
- Place apples on parchment paper and sprinkle with brown sugar; put in oven at 300 degrees for the entire time rice is cooking
- When the rice is settling, take apples out
- Fry turkey slices in a dry pan (makes it own juices)
- In a separate pan fry veggies and garlic in olive oil
- Mix it altogether when done with 2-3 table spoons of liquid aminos and cook for about 3-4 more minutes
- Serve immediately