I love to cook. It was not always this way. Every since I was diagnosed with food allergies, I have found a new passion. Errr..perhaps forced into a new passion…have you tasted some of the gluten/dairy free options out there? I want to eat things that taste good…and are good for you, thus, I have to cook.
Tonight I made lemon salmon with dill cucumbers. Honestly I stole most of the recipe from Central Market’s cooking class I did with my husband and mother in law last week.
That was so much fun by the way. Can you say UNLIMITED wine? Uh hello..so glad they gave us the recipe’s in writing cause otherwise I woulda had no friggin’ clue.
Before I cook a fresh meal…I gotta go get the fresh stuff. Do you know how hard it is to shop at a health food store with two little ones? They don’t have the fancy carts with extra seats. So this is how it goes.
Anyhoooo…tonight’s dinner was yummalicous.
While I was cooking, of course I started thinking about my nonna. She is still hanging on. What an amazingly strong woman. I am leaving in the morning, to hopefully hold her hand one more time.
I also thought about all of you. I thought about your responses. Your support. Regarding my nonna, for me. And also the heartbreaking stories that you shared with me. Your losses. And I am humbled, grateful. Thank you. Thank you so much for sharing with me, for supporting me. I started this blog for a totally different reason, but have made some pretty neat connections, and for that, I am so grateful.
Now… I am off to have another glass of wine …or six. Cause it kinda drowns out the grief.
Lemon Salmon and Dill Cucumbers
- 4 salmon steaks (halved, bone cut out)
- Salt, pepper
- 2 table spoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 table-spoon agave nectar
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled
- 1 table-spoon earth balance butter
- 3 large lemons
- Set broiler on to warm up
- Drizzle the agave nectar on salmon steaks, then season with salt & pepper and place in fridge while preparing the rest
- Cut cucumber in half, and de-seed it; cut into half moons
- Cut lemons in half, and then a lil off the bottom so that it will stand upright
- Put lemons on a broiler pan (the salmon will be put on here too so be sure it is big enough)
- Put lemons in the over first; for about five minutes, the take pan out, add the salmon and put back in the oven
- In a skillet melt the butter; add the cucumbers
- Salt & pepper the cucumbers and saute over high heat for two minutes; add the fresh dill and toss well; cook for three more minutes, turn heat off
- Remove the salmon after 5-7 minutes (when the salmon is light pink)
- Squeeze desired amount of lemon onto salmon