I made peaches & pork last week, and a friend posted to try it with apples. I had done that before, along with applesauce, but she inspired me to try something new. So last night I did.
It was YUMMMMMMY.
The beauty of a pork tenderloin is that once you put it in the oven, all the taste and juices bring it together with minimal work on your part. Voila! Love it.
My husband is out-of-town this week…again..so tonight will be bar-b-que ribs in the crock pot. I will try not to drink myself to sleep…every night… with the hubby gone. May need some major mind rehaul after this week. Someone said to me a couple of weeks ago that my life must be hard with four kids and working…yes it is. But I imagine it is SO much harder for those stay at home mom’s, especially those stay at home mom’s that have husband’s that travel. My work at the studio or office is NOTHING compared to how exhausted I feel when I tuck the last monster in bed at night….or on my days off. Hats off to those mommies.
Recipe for tenderloin below. Goes AMAZING with a light Chardonnay.
Squash, Apples & Pork
- Pork tenderloin
- Squash (one large)
- Two large green apples (or red)
- Balsamic reduction
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat tenderloin with olive oil and sprinkle salt & pepper over it
- Lightly coat the squash (sliced) with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Cut up apples into chunks and place apples and seasoned squash around the tenderloin
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction
- Bake covered with foil for one hour, uncover for 40 more minutes or until temp reaches 160 degrees.