I got my birthday present yesterday. I am in love with it and haven’t even used it yet. I used a demo the other day at the range to see if I wanted this model. IN LOVE. Here it is!
Yes I love to shoot. Absolutely love it. And although I am not an animal activist or anything..I admit I can’t shoot anything alive. Save for any sorry human being that attempts to hurt me or my babies in the middle of the night (or middle of the day for that matter). But truthfully I hope I never have to use it that way-though it feels good that I know how to use it. Yes I have taken classes, and I go to the range. But for me, it is a hobby. Like rock climbing, or surfing. Except I am aiming a BULLET for a target and FIRING. Oh the thrill! I am getting pretty decent too…
Yesterday was a BUSY cooking day too. I made my gluten and dairy free chicken and dumplings. Love that recipe. I used almond milk this time. Pretty good!
I also came up with a new pasta salad recipe. I am so anxious to try it today-it has been sitting in the fridge since yesterday. OK…I did taste it so I know it is good! Actually, it is delicious! AND SO HEALTHY!!! Recipe is below.
Right now I have about five seconds before my two little ones explode. My husband and his brothers along with the big kids went fishing. I am trying to recover from yesterday’s awesome whirlwind of family, swimming, eating and a little bit of visiting. Can never visit enough…especially when you are juggling kids and STUFF to do. I think I will be able to visit with you all when my kids go to college. Yes, then. We can set up our own play date.
Let me go get showered, packed up and babies ready now. Off to the lake. I think. I may head to Vegas. Drop the kids off somewhere.
- 1 package of gluten-free pasta
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 yellow squash cut up into 1/4 inch thick discs
- 1 zucchini squash cut up into 1/4 inch thick discs
- 1 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh-cut basil leaves cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh-cut parsley leaves finely dices
- 1 cup of chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup green grapes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- Prepare pasta to directions; when done toss in olive oil, agave nectar, pepper
- Sear the squash in a skillet for three minutes with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and salt/pepper (a pinch each)
- For the dressing put all ingredients in a blender
- Toss the veggies, grapes and dressing all together (basically throw it all in a bowl and STIR)