So yesterday was a massive failure. Yep I have them..and way more than I will EVER post.
SIDE NOTE- As I started typing this, I got a text from my dad to call him. This in itself is funny. My dad. Texting. Nuts. Anyhow, was just told that my cousin is on his last few weeks…days…of life. He has stage ZERO cancer (ZERO, to me, is at home with the morphine drip). I am still processing this. Not sure it has hit me fully. This so soon after my aunt (his mother) passed away. Can life really be this unfair? I am sorry, such a downer. I will process this tonight. I am going to put it in my closet for now. I will cry later as I ponder it.
So…I attempted my Beer & Bar B Que sauce infused chicken again (yes I like mixing alcohol with my recipes when possible). If you read my post from yesterday you know I failed miserably at it the first time around. Here is a picture to give you an idea of yesterday’s version.
But tonight is a different story! WOWSER! Delicious! This is seriously yummy!
Before, as I was getting it ready, I decided to enjoy my favorite drunken goat cheese, nut thins and…of course my grapes.
There is a bit of prep work involved. And yes, I got this nifty deal at Williams Sonoma…but…Debbie tells me that using just a can of beer (shove it up the chicken..yes…you need to rape this poor chicken) and a cookie sheet is just as good.
Cheers…to my cousin Mark. Cheers…to all that suffer losses.
Beer infused Bar B Que chicken
- Whole organic chicken, washed and dried (and take that yucky stuff out of it)
- Veggies (I used carrots, red potatoes, bell peppers, purple onion, zucchini)
- Olive oil
- Gluten free bar b que sauce
- Gluten free beer (I use Red Bridge)
- Wash and dry the chicken and brush on olive oil; season with salt and pepper and set aside as you work on the veggies- oh and get the grill warmed- you will want it on LOW as you cook.
- Chop veggies, put into a container and coat with olive oil and salt; shake to thoroughly coat
- Put the chicken on the dealio like I bought or put a can inside it and place on cookie sheet
- If you are using potatoes and carrots go ahead and put those on with the chicken right way, the other veggies-wait on them
- Put the chicken on the grill for 30 minutes (remember add the potatoes and carrots if you are using them)
- After thirty minutes add the rest of the veggies and brush on the bar b que sauce (on the chicken)
- Every fifteen minutes brush on sauce until done (another hour after the initial 30 minutes for a total of 1.5 hours grilling)
- Let the chicken set for 10 minutes after you take off the grill
- Serve and enjoy