This weekend was fabulous! A fairly lazy one…time to read, work and spend time with the family swimming. We had family visit from the Houston area…bar-b-que’ing and making yummy cocktail concoctions. I decided that since we have been eating turkey burgers for two days (yesterday it was lunch and dinner and today again for lunch) that I would skip the turkey and try a fun shrimp salad. I am sure this is not the first time these ingredients have been thrown together but it is one of my STUFF recipe’s again (pulling STUFF from pantry and fridge together). It was SO yummy that I over ate. Yikes! At least it was low in calorie, though my tummy doesn’t agree at the moment.
This deliciously crisp Pinot Grigio went perfect with the salad!
Cranberry, Grapes & Shrimp Salad
- Uncooked shrimp (1 pound)
- 1 ripe avocado (cut into squares)
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce
- Small bag of ocean spray dried cranberry’s
- One cup of sliced green grapes (sliced in half)
- Two large tomatoes (diced)
- One large cucumber (peeled and sliced)
- Earth’s balance vegan butter
- Liquid Amino’s
- Balsamic reduction
- Sunflower seeds (shelled)
- A couple of hours before , de-vain the shrimp and peel shell/tails off. Wash and put in a large ziplock bag with 1/4 cup of liquid amino’s. Place in fridge.
- Turn oven on to 450 degrees
- Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil (or brush it on)
- Dump the bag of shrimp on the baking sheet and spread out
- Melt 1/4 cup of Earth’s balance vegan butter and drizzle on the shrimp
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes (till shrimp are just opaque/pink)
- While the shrimp is baking you can prep all the salad ingredients (peeling, slicing/dicing, etc)
- When shrimp are cooked toss all the ingredients together and after placed in individual bowls, drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Each yummy bite has a delicious taste of goodness!