One of my families favorite meals is one of my ‘stuff’ meals. Where I put a bunch of ‘stuff’ together and see if it works. This one REALLY does. It is SOOO good. Tonight I made it and added extra ‘stuff’- good for you ‘stuff’- and tricked the kiddos and hubby in the process as they still loved it!
First things first- get a good prep chef to help out!
- Sweet Italian Turkey (Jenny’o); cut into small pieces
- Gluten free rice
- Fresh pineapple
- Fresh bell peppers (one of each color)
- Mixed vegetables
- Earth’s Balance vegan butter spread
- Liquid amino’s or gluten-free soy sauce (a new addition-the liquid aminos!)
- Fresh garlic
- Hemp & chia seeds (new addition!)
Directions (whole time in prep and cook takes about an hour but check out the short cuts below):
- Start rice per directions (usually takes an hour total)
- Start the rest of dinner when rice has been cooking for about 20 min
- Chop peppers/veggies/pineapples
- Cut turkey meat into small pieces
- Start frying the meat (you do not need oil or anything for the meat); drain natural juices when cooked
- Using the liquid amino’s (thanks Katy!) add to another pan and a clove of fresh garlic; when hot add the peppers and fresh vegetables
- When everything is done add rice to the pan of turkey, vegetables, pineapples and a table-spoon of earths balance, a table-spoon of liquid amino’s and put fire on high.
- Add a table-spoon of hemp seed and a table-spoon of chia seeds; mix together.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes and serve.
I made a fresh salad too using tomatoes from my garden and yummy avocado’s!
Short cuts (not as fresh but still yummy-I use some of them when I need to):
- Canned unsweetened natural pineapples
- Frozen fresh vegetables
- Uncle Ben’s 10 min brown rice
- Garlic in a jar (I really don’t like this as much but an option)
Cheers! Goes great with a glass of Pinot Grigio grapes!