I have decided that perhaps…no really…. it is best if I keep my head in the sand regarding politics. Or mostly in the sand. Somewhat….in the sand.
I say I am a republican, but I also have democratic social views.
I am too ignorant of the TRUE messages, intent and results of the current political heads, and of the running political heads. I admit this. I hear one thing, I read another, I listen to opinions and usually don’t understand enough to contribute in a productive way, and I try to stay away from facebook or other social media outlets…though I get sucked in…sometimes.
I am a simple kinda gal. Simple our government is not.
I think we all should contribute positively to society. I think we need to leave this earth better than we found it. I think we should take care of those that CAN’T (not won’t) take care of themselves. I think we only should be given what we have earned. I think we should…mostly…mind our own business to what the rest of the world is doing (I said mostly!).
This world, would be absolutely fabulous if we just approached things with love and an open mind.
A girl can dream, right?
And if all else fails, we should all pass the wine bottle around. Errr….that wouldn’t work. Some religious organization or AA would come after me…damn.
Then hugs. We could pass those around. Errr..that wouldn’t work either…a different religious or anti abuse organization would come after me….crap.
Happy thoughts then! We can send happy thoughts right? Is there an organization out there that would oppose that? Perhaps an anti forced thinking organization?
I will pass the wine bottle around..to myself and any other joiners. And hugs. And happy thoughts. And thank God, that so far, our country is still pretty awesome.
I made an awesome, albeit unconventional, stir fry last night. YUMMY!
Turkey, Veggies and Grapes Stir Fry
- Turkey breasts cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup green grapes (cut in half)
- 1/4 cup liquid amino’s
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, pepper
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Cook rice according to directions
- Heat oil and garlic; add chopped turkey breast
- While cooking add the agave nectar to the turkey; season with a pinch of salt and pepper; sprinkle a bit of liquid amino’s (about 1/2 of a tablespoon)
- Start vegetables (do not add the grapes yet) in a separate pan when turkey is halfway done; saute with half the liquid amino’s, season with salt/pepper
- When turkey is done; add to the vegetables and add rice, remainder of the liquid amino’s.
- When done, toss in the grapes and serve immediately
Goes perfect with a Sauvignon Blanc!